Sunday 1 January 2017

Here we go again... :)

I'm a lucky guy and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for what I have.. A beautiful loving daughter who looks up to me with her naughty/cheeky face and wins me over in a moment... and a stunner of a wife who takes great care of our little unit of a family. Together they give me all the purpose I need in life to be the best I can be.

2016 saw some pretty extreme highs and lows for me. Got married, had a few kickarse holidays, bought our first house. Also said goodbye to both of my Grandparents within a few months of each other. I had a number of huge eye-opening moments during a few workshops - all of which have changed the way I interact with people, but more importantly, how I view myself & remain present in the moment.


As for 2017, I have a pretty good feeling about this one. I'm not a superstitious guy but I take notice of numbers for some reason. I've always been a fan of 1's and 7's and various combinations of them. Being that I was born 01/01/77 has everything to do with it I suppose! Example: I picked the winner of 2016 Melbourne Cup because it was horse #17 running from gate #17 and to squeeze a little extra out of it, rounding up my winnings to $170. Haha. Anyway, this year kicks off today, 01/01/17. Nice!


I'll keep this whole thing short & sweet... I'm super thankful for last year's learnings & I'm keen to dive into 2017's challenges. And I'm not one to lock in resolutions each year, but now that I'm "over the hill" I'm going to ramp up extra attention to my health, and keep on giving my best, specifically, to my family.


Til next time. 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment