Tuesday 3 January 2017

Day 2, 2017 - "I'll Never Forget You, Gran"



Started off the day as per usual, letting Turtle play with her iPad.  I'd cast my phone screen to the TV but she refused to look at it.  Too tied up in her YouTube; again, nothing new!  All in all, a quiet day, however, it was definitely a significant one.  


Gran would have turned 90 today.  It's the first Birthday without her.  The first year I didn't receive a Birthday card or have a nice chat with her one way or another.  A huge gap left.

I spent a good part of the day having neat little flashbacks.  It's hard to write about it right now.  All I can say is that I miss her and think about her a lot.  I'll always be grateful for the time and effort she gave me & how much she made me feel like an important part of the world.  Wish there was somewhere for me to go and talk to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment