Thursday 7 January 2016

January 7th 2016 - Oops

Ok, so I missed my goal of 30 mins each day, but it's for good reason.  My fiance proposed an 8 week fitness & well-being challenge and I'm all on board.  In the last 3 days alone I've pretty much cut out all sugar (which I was doing well with before xmas) including in my cappuccino's.  I've even switched to having latte's so that there's no chocolate involved.  I'm eating good amounts of fruit & veg and exercising, let's say, "regularly" at the moment.  This includes a total of 2 hours either on the treadmill or exercise bike.  A slow start, but I'm gaining momentum.  Still well short of where I was at 5-6 years ago, but I'm building it up with a little extra each day.  I'm just going to quickly jump on the scales & see what it says...74.1.. hard to gauge at the moment as I last weighed myself first thing in the morning.  Anyway, I'll keep the progress updates coming through here.

Had a great few weeks with my daughter.  She has come so far since we have been on holidays together.  Just on her 2nd Birthday a little over a year ago, she started walking.  This time around, for her 3rd Birthday, she's really come to life with her love for her parents.  Her awareness has increased tenfold & we are loving the cuddles & interactions.  


One of her favorite things at the moment is the new trampoline we got her, even more so since I put the tent over it.  She takes her sock monkey doll in there and plays for ages.  She's getting better at bouncing every day, but mostly loves just running around in circles, crashing into the nets and falling down... all with sock monkey in hand.  The other favorite is Emma Wiggle.  Man, she loves that show like crazy.  She's really into dancing, music & hand-movement type games & songs, so the 2 are going hand in hand.  A part from all that, we are starting to get repetitive words out of her. The most common one is "ottel" which means bottle of water.  While we were away in Brisbane, it was "nan", "mama" and "addy" which is daddy.  Small wins, just hope she keeps it going.  There are number of tactics we are trying to encourage her speech.  It's tough & frustrating for all of us, but if we can get this break-through, it will make a massive difference to the speed of her development.

So, what else... over the past few days I've been tinkering around the house, sorting out suits & gear for the groomsmen, got a massage, saw Star Wars for the 2nd time, bought some new shoes.  What next.. I must start on sorting through the garage & spare room this afternoon.  We have a lot of stuff we can sell or throw out.  Planning on splitting the garage in two... a sell side & a trash side.  Sounds like fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment